Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Where to begin

The first problem one needs to tackle is always literally the first problem. What do first when starting a new endeavor is often the largest stumbling block, especially when re-inventing oneself.
I have began my own journey within the labyrinthine catacombs of my own mind. Changing the way one thinks is one of the toughest trials a person can go through, without risk of injury. I have thought like a "mere mortal" for far too long, and need to reassess my options and attitude with a more evil eye(see what I did there?).
So I decided to start off with how I see other people. The standard thought passing through the mind when seeing a person for the first time is usually simple, benign, and boring. However, if you look over each person and try to figure out what tactics you would have to use to defeat then in a fight if you had to, right then and there, it engages a more primal, dirty thought process than normal.
This is a good frame of mind to start thinking like a villain. After a few days of this I think I'll be ready for more villainous cerebral endeavors. I've already decided that in a gladiatorial arena I would be engaging in a LOT of dirty fighting. I mean eye gouges, tossed dirt, and nut shots all day...
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Or, in my case, a single thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment